Prince George’s County Drug Policy Coalition, Inc.
A 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization
Prince George's County
Drug Policy Coalition, Inc.
Undertaking the work of this coalition will make a tremendous difference in the lives of thousands of youth in Prince George’s County. We invite you to contact us to discuss how you can get involved in the work of our coalition. We need your help now!
Our principal goals include:
• researching model programs for the treatment of substance abuse
• engaging the faith-based community in projects working with ex-offenders in obtaining housing, job training, counseling and other community services as needed
• informing the Maryland General Assembly and other policymakers on the impact of certain drug laws and policies on the minority community residing in Prince George’s County
• creating a cadre of speakers who can travel to area schools and emphasize the importance of students completing their education
• serving as an advisory committee to area courts in the community to enhance pretrial diversion and therapeutic sentencing rather than imprisonment..
Valencia Campbell has more than 15 years of project management experience dealing with urban school systems, teacher organizations and institutions of higher education.
She has completed projects for the Baltimore Public School System, National Science Foundation, National Council of Negro Women, National Congress of Black Women. In addition, she has served as an adjunct professor at Howard University and Bowie State University. She hosts “Real Talk” radio show on 99.1 WNEW with Dr. Alvin and Friends.
Her many awards include: Governor’s Citation for Work on the Improvement of the Status of Women, Woman of the Year for Southern Prince George’s Business and Professional Women, WHUR Hometown Hero Award, 9to5 National Association of Working Women Awards, and the Presidents’ Volunteer Service awards. She was honored to hold a Presidential Appointment to the United Service Organization World Board of Governors.
Valencia is the author of Advice from the Top: What Minority Women Say about Their Career Success. Print media featuring her work include the Washington Post, Gazette, Prince George's Suite Magazine and the Virginian Pilot. She has appeared on national panels including the Congressional Black Caucus Author’s Pavilion, World Children's Festival, and the National Press Club Book Fair and Author’s Night.
Radio show appearance include, The Carl Nelson Radio Show, The Wealthy Speakers Show, Black Authors Network, Inside Government, Urban Motivator Show, Dr Alvin on CBS 1580 am and other Radio One stations. She holds a Ph.D .and M.A. degree in Sociology from Howard University and a B.A. degree in Sociology from Virginia State University.
Shawn Hay has traveled the world and has over 20 years experience in promoting events. He is also an avid participant in community service activities locally.
Mr. Hay assists Prince George’s County Drug Policy Coalition with developing marketing campaign strategies. He assists with developing new business partnerships and increased sales with establishing sponsorship's for the company. He manages and creates company events posted on social media platforms etc. He also manages the Public Relations Department by coordinating press, interview, and media inquiries.